Oh, Valentine’s Day. Each year it gets more commercialized. Advertisements, TV shows all push fancy dinners, big bouquets of flowers, jewelry, and chocolate raising the expectation and the ante.
The stress of making arrangements and covering the costs can completely overshadow the true purpose of the day: celebrating love. This year, let’s give ourselves permission to focus on taking back Valentine’s day, one “imperfectly perfect” moment at a time.
The true romantics of Heartland Fragrance bring you our favorite ways to do Valentine’s Day:
- Dine in – with Style! Pull out your best dishes, decorative candlesticks, and your favorite dress (or jammies). While we all love going out to eat on Valentine’s day, the crowds can make it memorable in the wrong way. So staying home will make a lasting memory of a cozy time for you and your loved one. And if you’re too busy to cook (or not inclined to!) don’t worry – just swing by the grocery store for your favorite frozen pizza and a bottle of your favorite spirits (Did someone say Champagne?), and you are all set.
- Spa Time at Home. Life is crazy hectic, so take a day (or the whole weekend, this year!) to pamper and celebrate yourself, guilt free. Keep it simple (and cost-effective) by taking advantage of our 14% discount on some soothing Epsom Salt and Loofa Soaps to treat yourself to luxurious scents at home ENTER PROMO CODE LOVE14 at the cart. (Free Shipping on orders over $60, RETAIL ORDERS ONLY. Offer expires 2/9/15.).
- Do a mini-makeover. A day devoted to pampering and beauty is never wasted (and lasts long beyond the life span of roses!) A new haircut, a professional mani-pedi, and a massage will make you feel like a million bucks.
- Make a Fun Memory with the Kids. Create an experience for the whole family with a “build-your-own” dinner. Heart shaped personal pizzas or a taco bar gives everyone a chance to create the meal they want (and prevent arguing with picky eaters for a meal!). Finish the meal w/ cupcakes personalized to each kiddo. Here are some ideas from our Pinterest Board, Valentine’s Day 2015.
- Spread the Love! A week before Valentine’s day, write a personal, smile inducing note to send to each of the special people in your life to brighten their day! There’s nothing like a smile to make the world a better place.